A £260,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A29 Tobermore Road and adjoining Flyover Slip Road, Maghera will commence on Monday 4 March.
The scheme will extend for a distance of approximately 650 metres from Glenshane Industrial Park to Mullagh Road and for a distance of approximately 100 metres on the Flyover Slip Road from its junction with the Tobermore Road. The work will also include the provision of a cycleway/footway linking the existing cycleway/footway in Maghera to the vehicular entrance into the Craigadick Park & Share and then continue along the A29 to its junctions with Craigadick Road.
Two-way traffic flow will be maintained for the majority of the works with lane closures under traffic signal control. A mandatory 40mph speed limit will also be enforced during the resurfacing works and overtaking will be prohibited.
In addition it will be necessary to close the A29 Flyover Slip Road to through traffic from Monday 4 March to Sunday 10 March. Access to the Craigadick Park & Share will be via the A6 Glenshane Road junction for the full duration of the works. Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and local diversion routes clearly signed.
Completion of the resurfacing works by 16 March is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise disruption, however, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time should when planning any journeys.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £320,000 road improvement scheme on Malone Road, Belfast 22 March 2019
- Publication of the Public Transport Journey Planning in Northern Ireland statistical report 2017/18 21 March 2019
- Publication of the Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: Third Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 21 March 2019
- Respect our road workers, they are working to improve your journey 21 March 2019