A £260,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A44 Drones Road will commence on Monday 4 November 2019.
The resurfacing work will comprise two sections with a combined length of approximately 2.1 kilometres, from Kilraughts Road junction towards Armoy. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road and continues the Department’s commitment to improving this road over recent years.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate daily road closures between the hours of 7.30 am and 5.30 pm from Monday 4 November until Sunday 17 November.
During these times a diversion will be in place via Gracehill Road - Kilraughts Road - Pharis Road and vice versa. The road will be open outside of the times stipulated.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion of the works by 17 November is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any changes.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020