A £260,000 footway and road improvement scheme on Freehall Road, Castlerock is due to commence on Monday 11 October 2021.
This improvement scheme, which extends a distance of approximately 480 metres along Freehall Road from the Amenity Site to its junction at Mussenden Road, includes the installation of a new 2.5m footway, improvement of sight lines, resurfacing of the carriageway and upgrading of drainage.
Minister Mallon welcomed the scheme:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of Freehall Road, to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I am delighted that the new footway being delivered by this scheme in Castlerock will greatly enhance provision for pedestrians providing further opportunities for active travel. I would like to thank local residents and businesses in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the work the Freehall Road will be closed to through traffic from the 18 October 2021 for a period of 9 weeks. A diversion will be signposted via Mussenden Road, Sea Road and Castle Walk. There will be no disruption to the Amenity Site
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Stoney Road, Dundonald 21 October 2021
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – September 2021’ 20 October 2021
- Mallon visits Mid Ulster on 20mph action for schools 20 October 2021
- £250,000 resurfacing scheme for A2 Donaghadee Road Roundabout, Bangor 19 October 2021