Dreenan Road, Omagh, will benefit from a £260,000 bridge replacement scheme which is due to commence on 17 November 2020 for a period of 24 weeks.
Bracky Bridge was one of five bridges to be damaged beyond repair, as a result of the flooding event of August 2017. The new bridge will be a single span reinforced concrete structure with masonry parapets.
Welcoming the commencement of the works on the bridge Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“It is great to see work commence on the bridge following the devastating consequences of the 2017 floods. I recognise it has been a difficult time for the local community while the bridge has been closed, however, I am sure they will join me in looking forward to seeing the bridge back in full use.”
Completion of the work by mid May 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public are asked to continue to follow signed diversion routes, comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and exercise care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021