A £255,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Rubane Road, Kircubbin will commence on Monday 30 September 2019.
The resurfacing work, which will extend a distance of approximately 1,400 metres will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Work will be carried out Monday to Friday and is expected to last for four weeks.
The initial preparatory work will be carried out under a rolling lane closure with temporary traffic control between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm for a period of two weeks.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will also be necessary to operate a road closure. Rubane Road, Kircubbin will be closed to through traffic from its junction with Manse Road to its junction with Ballyeasborough Road from Monday 14 October 2019 to Friday 25 October 2019, 09:30am to 4:30pm daily. The road will be open in the evenings and at weekends. Local access will be maintained during the closure.
During the closure times a signed diversion route will be in place via A20 Rowreagh Road/Deerpark Road, Coach Road, Ann Street, Portaferry Road, Main Road, Cloughey and Kircubbin Road.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 25 October 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Infrastructure Minister announces extensions for driving licences, resumption of IVA testing and other DVA services 26 May 2020
- Sydenham Bypass to be closed this weekend 20 May 2020
- DfI statement on Casement Park planning application 20 May 2020
- "Innovative green infrastructure is key to recovery” says Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon 15 May 2020