A £250,000 road improvement scheme at Rathgael Road, Bangor is due to commence on Saturday 12 August 2017.
The resurfacing scheme, which incorporates embankment sidefilling, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway on a 550m section of this important C class link road on the outskirts of Bangor.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate temporary traffic signals and road closures during the course of the improvements.
Resurfacing will be carried out over the following weekends with a full road closure in place:
12 – 13 August;
19 – 20 August;
1 – 3 September;
9 – 10 September.
From 14 August for four weeks a one-way mid - week road closure will operate, permitting access from the A2 Belfast Road towards Rathgael Road Roundabout. Traffic seeking access to the A2 from Rathgael Road will be diverted via the Clandeboye Road, A2 West Circular Road.
Local access will be maintained and all diversions and restrictions will be clearly signposted.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The works operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
2. See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/
3. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Department for Infrastructure advises road users to take care and has staff on standby to manage weather impacts 16 October 2017
- Road users to remain cautious while Roads staff continue storm clean up 16 October 2017
- Works on resident’s parking scheme in south Belfast to commence 12 October 2017
- Update on North West flooding repair 05 October 2017