A £250,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A21 Comber Road and Comber Road roundabout, Newtownards will commence on Sunday 23 June 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 240 metres along Comber Road and will also take in Comber Road roundabout. This will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme and in order to ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the A21 Comber Road and Comber Road roundabout will be closed to through traffic (between the Cambourne Road and Jubilee Road junctions) from 7.00 pm to 6.00 am daily from Sunday 23 June 2019 to Friday 28 June 2019.
During the closure times a signed diversion will be in place via the A21 Comber Road, A22 Belfast Road, Comber, A22 Comber Road, Dundonald, A20 Upper Newtownards Road/Kempestones Road and Newtownards Town Centre.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 28 June 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £240,000 resurfacing scheme on A26 Banbridge Road, Lurgan 19 July 2019
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 2019 18 July 2019
- £140,000 road improvement scheme on Burren Road, Ballynahinch 18 July 2019
- Extension of Non-Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 17 July 2019