A £250,000 resurfacing scheme on Alliance Avenue, Belfast is due to commence on Saturday 15 June 2019.
The scheme, which extends between Ardoyne Road and Oldpark Road will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the carriageway.
Preliminary work to replace gullies will take place between Saturday 15 June and Sunday 23 June. During this time it will be necessary to operate a series of lane closures as follows:
- Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 June 2019 from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm; and
- Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 June 2019 from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
A full road closure will then be required during the following hours while resurfacing work is completed.
- Monday 24 June to Friday 5 July 2019 between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed during periods of closure and access for residents will be maintained in the area during the duration of the works.
Completion of the scheme by Friday 5 July will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic arrangements to minimise disruption, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £240,000 resurfacing scheme on A26 Banbridge Road, Lurgan 19 July 2019
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 2019 18 July 2019
- £140,000 road improvement scheme on Burren Road, Ballynahinch 18 July 2019
- Extension of Non-Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 17 July 2019