A £250,000 resurfacing scheme on the Crosskeys Road will start on Monday 6 January 2020.
The 2.2km scheme from Taylorstown Road to Ballyscullion Road, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 31 January 2020.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure (Monday-Friday) from 8.00am to 6.00pm from Monday 6 January 2020 until Friday 31 January 2020.
During the road closure a diversion will be in operation via Taylorstown Road, Grange Road and Crosskeys Road (and vice-versa).
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020
- Mallon announces opening of new walking and cycling path at Blaris, Lisburn 06 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Larne Street, James Street and Alfred Street Place, Ballymena 06 August 2020