A £250,000 resurfacing scheme on the Crosskeys Road will start on Monday 6 January 2020.
The 2.2km scheme from Taylorstown Road to Ballyscullion Road, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 31 January 2020.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure (Monday-Friday) from 8.00am to 6.00pm from Monday 6 January 2020 until Friday 31 January 2020.
During the road closure a diversion will be in operation via Taylorstown Road, Grange Road and Crosskeys Road (and vice-versa).
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020
- New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road to commence 16 January 2020
- North Street, Newtownards to benefit from £100,000 road improvement 16 January 2020