A £242,000 footway and carriageway resurfacing scheme on Kerrykeel Gardens, Belfast will commence on Monday 6 March 2023.
The improvement works will extend for a distance of approximately 350 metres from Falcarragh Drive to the end of Kerrykeel Gardens and will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement localised lane closures initially with a full road closure to follow when the carriageway works commence. The majority of the scheme will be completed during the hours of 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. Full details of closures will be displayed in advance of any closures.
Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all works will be completed by 9 June 2023, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023