A £237,000 resurfacing scheme on the A8 Ballymena Road, Larne will start on Friday 20 September 2019.
The scheme which extends from Pound Street junction (Belfast bound lane) for 1.1km, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by Sunday 6 October 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate the following closures.
- A full road closure from 7.00pm on Friday 20 September until 8.00pm on Sunday 22 September.
- A lane closure will be in operation from 9.30am to 4.30pm daily from Monday 23 September until Friday 27 September.
- A full road closure from 6.00am until 8.00pm on Saturday 28 September.
During the road closures a diversion will be in operation on the following roads.
- Circular Road, Circular Road Roundabout, Glenarm Road, Victoria Road, Old Glenarm Road, Greenland Road, The Roddens and Antiville Road.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £200,000 road improvement scheme at Twaddell Avenue, Belfast 22 October 2019
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Shaneshill Road, Larne 18 October 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymaglave Road, Spa, Ballynahinch 17 October 2019
- £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 16 October 2019