A £230,000 road improvement scheme on the Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards is due to commence on Thursday 22 February 2018.
The resurfacing scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway on a 1.4km section of this important ‘C class’ road in Newtownards. Work is expected to be completed by the end of March.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate temporary traffic signals and road closures during the course of the improvements.
Traffic seeking access to Crawfordsburn Road will be diverted via Crawfordsburn Road, Hardford Link, Belfast Road, Holywood Road, Ballysallagh Road and Crawfordsburn Road.
Local access will be maintained and all diversions and restrictions will be clearly signposted.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The works operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- £135,000 road improvement scheme on Shrigley Road, Killyleagh complete 25 May 2018
- £343,000 road improvement scheme on A2 Strangford Road, Ardglass 25 May 2018
- Drainage infrastructure scheme to commence in Cultra 25 May 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics Annual 2017-2018 24 May 2018