A £230,000 road improvement scheme on the Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards is due to commence on Thursday 22 February 2018.
The resurfacing scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway on a 1.4km section of this important ‘C class’ road in Newtownards. Work is expected to be completed by the end of March.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors it will be necessary to operate temporary traffic signals and road closures during the course of the improvements.
Traffic seeking access to Crawfordsburn Road will be diverted via Crawfordsburn Road, Hardford Link, Belfast Road, Holywood Road, Ballysallagh Road and Crawfordsburn Road.
Local access will be maintained and all diversions and restrictions will be clearly signposted.
The planned dates for the scheme are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The works operations and traffic management arrangements have been carefully programmed in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- £870,000 extension to Blacks Road Park and Ride facility to open 15 November 2018
- £150,000 road improvement schemes for Killyman, Dungannon 14 November 2018
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Ards and North Down 13 November 2018
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Mid and East Antrim Borough 13 November 2018