A £230,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Magheramourne Road between Armoy and Ballycastle will start on Monday 9 September 2019.
The scheme which extends a distance of approximately 2.5 kilometres from the Lagge Road Junction to the Islandarragh Road junction, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a road closure southbound between the hours of 7.30am and 6.30pm from Monday 9 September until Sunday 29 September.
During these times a diversion will be in place via B67 Moyarget Road – B147 Carrowreagh Road/Main Street, Armoy and vice versa. The road will be open to outside of the times stipulated.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of works by 29 September will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020