A £225,000 road resurfacing scheme on the North Road, Carrickfergus will start on Monday 13 August 2018.
The scheme, which is approximately 1km in length, stretches from the Middle Road/Marshallstown Road to Prince Andrew Way. It will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by the end of August 2018.
During the works temporary traffic lights will be in operation on weekdays from 9.15 am onwards.
Full road closures will then be in place as follows:
- 6.00 am Saturday 18 August until 6.00 am Monday 20 August.
- 6.00 am Saturday 25 August until 6.00 am Monday 27 August.
Traffic will be diverted (northbound) via Davys Street - Minorca Place – Ellis Street - Woodburn Road - Prospect Road – Middle Road and (southbound) via Marshallstown Road - Beltoy Road - Larne Road – Green Street – Marine Highway. Diversionary routes will be signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience. Drivers should, however, expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Hillsborough Road, Comber 15 October 2018
- £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisburn commences 15 October 2018
- £255,000 resurfacing scheme on A49 Magheraknock Road, Ballynahinch 11 October 2018
- £200,000 resurfacing scheme for A26 Killead Roundabout, Aldergrove 04 October 2018