A £220,000 road improvement scheme on the A21 Ballygowan Road, Saintfield is due to commence on Monday 14 August 2017.
The scheme will involve drainage works and the resurfacing of a 1.1km stretch of the A21 Ballygowan Road from the Ballycloughin Road in the Saintfield direction.
To facilitate the works, a temporary 40 mph speed limit and a prohibition of overtaking from Monday 14 August 2017, until Saturday 16 September 2017 will be introduced. This work will also require the introduction of temporary traffic management measures in the form of temporary traffic signals (off-peak).
Road closures will be necessary to complete the works and road users will be advised in advance.
The Department aims to keep disruption to a minimum, however, delays should be expected and drivers are asked to be patient and allow additional time when planning journeys in the area whilst the road improvements are being carried out.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Publication of Method of Travel to/from School By Pupils In Northern Ireland 2016/2017 14 December 2017
- Publication of Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: Second Quarter 2017/18 Statistical Bulletin 14 December 2017
- £350,000 road improvement scheme on A50 Ballyward Road, Ballyward 13 December 2017
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Belfast 12 December 2017