A £212,000 resurfacing scheme on the Upper Cairncastle Road, Larne has commenced.
The scheme is 500m in length, from The Roddens to Greenway, and will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 8 February 2019.
To facilitate these works lane closures will be in operation, controlled by temporary traffic lights.
A full road closure will be in place on the following dates:
- 7.00 am on Monday 14 January to 5.00 pm on Wednesday 16 January
- 7.00 am on Thursday 24 January to 5.00 pm on Friday 25 January
Traffic will be diverted via Roddens – Greenland Road – Old Glenarm Road – Ballycraigy Road. Diversionary routes will be signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer directly on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £155,000 resurfacing scheme on A2 Seaview, Warrenpoint 22 January 2019
- £287,000 road improvement scheme for Drumlegagh, Co. Tyrone 18 January 2019
- £230,000 road improvement scheme for Strathfoyle, Londonderry 17 January 2019
- £110,000 road improvement scheme on A29 Dungannon Road, Cookstown 17 January 2019