A resurfacing scheme on a section of the Pomeroy Road is due to commence on Monday 5 October.
The works will extend northwards from the Lurganeden Road for a distance of approximately 1.5 kilometres.
To ensure the safety of road users and workers, it will be necessary to implement a full road closure for the duration of the works.
During the road closure Pomeroy bound traffic from Dungannon / Donaghmore will be diverted along the C634 Gortnagola Road, C634 Lurgylea Road, C634 Altmore Road, C634 Cornamaddy Road, C634 Turnabarson Road and C634 Cornamaddy Road.
Dungannon / Donaghmore bound traffic from Pomeroy will be diverted along the B160 Tanderagee Road, B160 Annaghquinn Road, A29 Cookstown Road and C636 Tullycullion Road.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. The public is asked to avoid the area whenever possible and to allow extra time for their journey. Local access will be maintained although delays can be expected.
Completion of the work by Saturday 17 October 2020 is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Street lighting upgrade scheme on the Northway, Portadown 19 October 2020
- Glenrandal Bridge, Claudy reopens following £420,000 replacement scheme 19 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council area 2020 19 October 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Tullynawood Road, Keady 16 October 2020