A £200,000 street lighting upgrade scheme at Dunsilly Roundabout, Antrim is due to commence on Monday 27 July 2020.
The scheme will involve the removal of existing high mast lights which will be replaced with a new LED street lighting system. The new lights will be on passively safe poles to improve road safety in the event of a collision, and the work will also include full replacement of all the underground cables.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. All work involving lane closures will be carried out overnight, and road users should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
The scheme is expected to be completed by the end of October 2020.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for A47 Killadeas Road at Ballycassidy 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Mowhan Road, Markethill 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020