A £200,000 resurfacing scheme on Twaddell Avenue, will commence on Monday 28 October 2019.
The work, which will take place between the Ballygomartin Road and the Crumlin Road roundabout, will deliver significant improvements to the strength and structural integrity of the carriageway.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, the improvements will be carried out under a week day closure between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm, from Monday 28 October until Friday 8 November.
During these times a diversionary route will operate via Ballygomartin Road and Woodvale Road. Access for residents will be maintained in the area for the duration of the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme will be dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 90378110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £160,000 resurfacing scheme for Donaghmore Road, Dungannon 18 November 2019
- Road Safety Week: Beware the Dangers on Rural Roads 17 November 2019
- £360,000 resurfacing scheme for the Lisnaskea Road, Lisnaskea 12 November 2019
- £120,000 resurfacing scheme on Cottage Road, Killeen 07 November 2019