A £200,000 resurfacing scheme on Twaddell Avenue, will commence on Monday 28 October 2019.
The work, which will take place between the Ballygomartin Road and the Crumlin Road roundabout, will deliver significant improvements to the strength and structural integrity of the carriageway.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, the improvements will be carried out under a week day closure between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm, from Monday 28 October until Friday 8 November.
During these times a diversionary route will operate via Ballygomartin Road and Woodvale Road. Access for residents will be maintained in the area for the duration of the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme will be dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 90378110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £108,000 footway improvement scheme at Highfield Drive, Belfast 18 February 2020
- Update: New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road 18 February 2020
- Mallon announces £500,000 investment for A36 Moorfields Road, Ballymena 17 February 2020
- Mallon commits to turning Northern Ireland’s lights back on 17 February 2020