A £200,000 major resurfacing scheme will commence on the U1226 Meenadoo Road, Gortin on 15 January.
Bitmac resurfacing work on several stretches of the Meenadoo Road, totalling 3.5 kilometres, will improve the structural condition of this stretch of carriageway, enhance the running surface and reduce maintenance costs. The scheme is expected to be completed by the 26 January 2018.
To facilitate the work, a closure of the Meenadoo Road will operate daily between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm. Diversions will be signposted as work progresses and local access will be maintained.
Motorists using Meenadoo Road should be aware that diversions are in place and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
As with all improvement works the planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any changes.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Work to commence on £350,000 Comber Greenway widening scheme 17 January 2018
- Road users advised difficult driving conditions likely tomorrow morning 17 January 2018
- Work will continue today to keep roads clear, more wintery weather expected 17 January 2018
- £150,000 resurfacing scheme on Scotch Street, Portadown 16 January 2018