A £200,000 major resurfacing scheme will commence on the U1226 Meenadoo Road, Gortin on 15 January.
Bitmac resurfacing work on several stretches of the Meenadoo Road, totalling 3.5 kilometres, will improve the structural condition of this stretch of carriageway, enhance the running surface and reduce maintenance costs. The scheme is expected to be completed by the 26 January 2018.
To facilitate the work, a closure of the Meenadoo Road will operate daily between 8.00 am and 5.00 pm. Diversions will be signposted as work progresses and local access will be maintained.
Motorists using Meenadoo Road should be aware that diversions are in place and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
As with all improvement works the planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any changes.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £350,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisnaskea 19 April 2018
- County Tyrone goods vehicle driver fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- County Antrim goods vehicle operator fined £1,000 for transport offences 18 April 2018
- £70,000 road surface repair schemes for Barrack Hill and Shambles Roundabout, Armagh 16 April 2018