The scheme was developed and designed in-house to reduce the risk of flooding to three commercial properties as well as reducing the risk of damage to the critical infrastructure of the main Belfast to Dublin railway line at times of flooding.
The scheme, which took approximately eight months to complete, involved the construction of a new 150m long precast concrete box culvert, a new 290m long in-situ concrete flood retaining wall (average height above ground 1.8m), and other work items.
These works were successfully undertaken by FP McCann.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019
- £340,000 road improvement works for Killyman Road and Trewmount Road, Dungannon 14 August 2019