A £190,000 road improvement scheme on the Holywood Road, Belfast will commence on Monday 7 October 2019.
The resurfacing work, which stretches from Tillysburn to Parkway, will greatly improve the surface quality of the carriageway along this part of the trunk road network.
Due to the nature of the work it will be necessary to operate overnight road closures between the hours of 8.00 pm and 6.00 am for road users travelling from Tillysburn towards Parkway. A signed diversion route will be via Knocknagoney Road, Old Holywood Road and Belmont Road to Parkway.
To help ensure the safety of the public and road workers, road users are asked to follow signed diversionary routes, comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity of, the works.
The Department has programmed the work to ensure it is completed as efficiently and safely as possible with the minimum disruption to road users.
The scheme is expected to be completed by 12 October 2019, however, this is dependent on favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £200,000 road improvement scheme at Twaddell Avenue, Belfast 22 October 2019
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Shaneshill Road, Larne 18 October 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymaglave Road, Spa, Ballynahinch 17 October 2019
- £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 16 October 2019