A £185,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme in Newtownards Town Centre will commence on Tuesday 19 March 2019.
The resurfacing work will be carried out on Regent Street and Frances Street, extending a distance of approximately 425 metres from the junction with Gibsons Lane to the junction with Castle Place. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road, in addition to complementing the Council’s recently completed Public Realm footway scheme.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate overnight road closures.
Regent Street and Frances Street will be closed to through traffic from the junction with Gibsons Lane to the junction with Castle Place from 7.00 pm to 6.00 am on the following dates:
- Tuesday 19 March to Friday 22 March;
- Monday 25 March to Friday 29 March; and
- Monday 1 April to Friday 5 April.
There will be no closures on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights.
A diversionary route for through traffic will be clearly signed via William Street, Talbot Street, North Road, Bangor Road and Zion Place. Local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 5 April 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: 2019/20 Annual Statistical Bulletin 02 July 2020
- Mallon will take forward legislation to exempt vehicles of historic interest from MOT testing 02 July 2020
- Mallon announces face coverings to be mandatory on public transport from July 10 02 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A5 Victoria Road at Bready, to commence 01 July 2020