A £175,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Draperstown Road, Desertmartin will commence on Monday 6 January 2020.
The scheme, which will extend for a distance of approximately 1.3 kilometres from its junction with the A29 Tobermore Road to Nutgrove Road, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network.
Given the nature of the scheme and to help ensure the safety of road users and workers, it will be necessary to implement a full road closure for the duration of the works.
During the road closure a two-way traffic diversion will be in operation along the A29 Tobermore Road from Desertmartin to Tobermore and the B40 Draperstown Road from Tobermore to Draperstown.
The Nutgrove Road / Tobermore Road junction will also be closed to all traffic. Residents and landowners living along Nutgrove Road should use the Iniscarn Road to access the A29 Tobermore Road and B40 Draperstown Road during the duration of this closure.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary. Local access will be facilitated.
Completion of the scheme by Sunday 26 January is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however road users should expect some delays and should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- DfI Statement in relation to MOT car and light vehicle tests 23 January 2020
- £239,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 23 January 2020
- Updated Statement in relation to MOT car and light vehicle tests: 23 January 2020
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020