A £174,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme commenced on the Hannahstown Road, Lisburn on Monday 11 February.
The work, on the section of road between Rock Road and Y Bridge Road, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway.
To facilitate the resurfacing it will be necessary to operate a road closure from Monday to Friday between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm.
A diversion will be clearly signposted.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, some disruption can be expected for the duration of the scheme and road users should allow additional time when planning any journeys.
It is expected work will be substantially completed by mid-March, however, this is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority - Extension of two Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 18 April 2019
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners - Extension of four Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 17 April 2019
- £350,000 replacement scheme for Majors Bridge, Lisnaskea 15 April 2019
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 08 April 2019