£170,000 resurfacing schemes on Irish Street Richhill and Gilford Street Tandragee have commenced.
The schemes will involve the resurfacing of 1km of roads and where appropriate the reinstatement of footways and verges.
To facilitate the schemes, temporary road closures will be in place. The closure at Irish Street, Richhill is from 7.00 am on Monday 20 February 2017 to 6.00 pm on Sunday 26 February 2017. Traffic is being diverted via B111 Newline, U7660 Main Street Richhill and U7660 The Square Richhill.
The closure at Gilford Street Tandragee will be from 7.00 pm on Monday 6 March 2017 to 6.00 pm on Friday 10 March 2017. Traffic is being diverted via U7825 Gilford Street, A27 Market Street and A51 Madden Road.
TransportNI aims to keep disruptions to a minimum, however, delays should be expected and drivers are asked to be patient and allow additional time when planning journeys in the area whilst the road improvements are being carried out.
With all work of this nature extreme weather can impact on the completion date. TransportNI will advise the public of any unexpected change to the schedule, for information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours, please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Commencement of a £120,000 road improvement scheme on the Old Monaghan Road, Clogher, County Tyrone 23 February 2017
- Publication of method of travel to/from school by pupils in Northern Ireland 2015/2016 23 February 2017
- A £100,000 road improvement scheme for Clooney Road, Maydown, Derry 23 February 2017
- £200,000 works to Milltown Bridge, Maghera completed 23 February 2017