A £170,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Harmony Road and Windmill Street, Ballynahinch will commence at 7.00 pm on Monday 17 June 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 0.4 kilometres from the Main Street / Harmony Road junction to Windmill Street /High Street junction.
The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate an evening and overnight road closure from Monday 17 June to Saturday 22 June between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via the B7 Crossgar Road / Vale Road / Cahard Road, A7 Saintfield Road / Downpatrick Street / Downpatrick Road, Annacloy Road / Downpatrick Road and A24 Church Road / High Street.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 22 June 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Agencies working together to tackle impacts of rainfall 21 February 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020