A £170,000 resurfacing scheme on the A5 Great Northern Road, Omagh is due to commence on Monday 24 July 2017.
The works on a 0.9km stretch of the carriageway from the Dublin Road slip road to 160 metres west of Kevlin Avenue will improve its structural condition, enhance the running surface and reduce maintenance costs. The work will include tie-in’s on the slip road, Kevlin Avenue and on Kevlin Road.
To keep traffic disruption to a minimum, a road closure of the A5 Great Northern Road and adjoining roads within the works area will be in place nightly, from 7.00 pm to 6.30 am, from Monday 24 July to Friday 4 August 2017.
Diversions will be in place each night as follows: Traffic from Ballygawley will be diverted along the A505 Crevenagh Road, A505 Campsie Road, B48 Drumragh Avenue and the B48 Derry Road to the A5. Traffic from Strabane direction will be diverted along the B48 Derry Road, B48 Drumragh Avenue, A505 Campsie Road and the A505 Crevenagh Road to the A5.Traffic from Dromore will take the A5 to the Derry Road Roundabout and then follow the diversion via the B48 Derry Road.
The above planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department for Infrastructure will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £240,000 road improvement scheme at Dargan Road, Belfast 20 July 2017
- New Strangford ferry named and bravery award for crew member 20 July 2017
- £275,000 footway scheme at Church Road, Castlereagh 20 July 2017
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 20 July 2017