A £165,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Ashgrove Road, Portadown is due to commence on Sunday 9 December 2018.
The work will deliver significant improvements to the strength and surface quality of the road by delivering approximately 1,300 metres of resurfacing from Garvaghy Road to the National Speed Limits on the Ashgrove Road. Works are expected to be complete by Friday 21 December 2018.
In order to ensure both the safety of road users and contractor staff, road closures and traffic management will be in operation. On Sunday 9 December 2018 a road closure will be in effect from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm. From Monday 10 December 2018 to Friday 21 December 2018 this closure will be in place from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm. Traffic will be diverted via Ashgrove Road, Derryanvil Road, Garvaghy Road and Ashgrove Road. Local vehicular and pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the period of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience. Drivers should, however, expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of the Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: Third Quarter 2018/19 Statistical Bulletin 21 March 2019
- Respect our road workers, they are working to improve your journey 21 March 2019
- Publication of the Public Transport Journey Planning in Northern Ireland statistical report 2017/18 21 March 2019
- £152,000 road improvement scheme for Ballinderry Industrial Estate, Lisburn 19 March 2019