A £155,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the A2 Seaview, Warrenpoint will commence on Monday 28 January 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 520 metres from Queen Street to Springfield Road. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 9.00am and 4.30pm from Monday 28 January until Friday 8 February. During these times a diversion will be in place via Rostrevor, Hilltown and Mayobridge using A2 Rostrevor Road/Warrenpoint Road to Mary Street / Church Street / Kilbroney Road / Rostrevor Road to Newry Road / Hilltown Road to Chapel Hill / Bridge Road / Milltown Street / Upper Dromore Road to A2 Church Street / Queen Street and vice versa. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Work is expected to be completed by 8 February however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority - Extension of two Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 18 April 2019
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners - Extension of four Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 17 April 2019
- £350,000 replacement scheme for Majors Bridge, Lisnaskea 15 April 2019
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 08 April 2019