A £150,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme will commence on the B521 Glengalliagh Road, Londonderry on Monday 12 August 2019.
The scheme, which starts at Bradley’s Pass and progresses south westwards for a distance of 500 metres, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the resurfacing it will be necessary to implement a full road closure from Monday to Saturday between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm.
A diversion will be clearly signed via A515 Skeoge Road and Bradley’s Pass. Access to the Northside Shopping Centre for patrons and deliveries will be maintained.
The Department has carefully planned the work to minimise disruption, however, road users should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 24 August is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed if there is any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 90378110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra) and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Preferred route for the Armagh East Link Road confirmed 20 August 2019
- Belfast taxi driver convicted of illegal taxi plying offences 20 August 2019
- Launch of recruitment competition for Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 20 August 2019
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019