A £140,000 road improvement scheme is due to commence on the Glenshane Road, Claudy on Tuesday 26 February.
A section of road from Letterlougher Road to Claggan Road will be resurfaced which will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway.
To facilitate the work lane closures will be in operation between 26 February and 9 March. A full road closure will be required to facilitate the laying of final asphalt surface, however, the public will be advised of dates and times of closure in advance.
Work has been carefully planned to minimise any disruption to the public, however, road users should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 23 March is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020