A £140,000 resurfacing scheme on Dungloe Crescent, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 11 March 2019.
The scheme, which stretches from Lenadoon Avenue to Glenveagh Drive, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway in this area.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors during the improvements, it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure (Monday to Friday) from Monday 11 March until Tuesday 2 April between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.00 pm.
Diversionary routes will be signed and access for residents will be maintained as much as possible, however, parking will not be permitted on Dungloe Crescent and residents are requested to park outside the works area during this time.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, motorists should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the work by 2 April will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Works to commence on new shared footpath link from Broadway Roundabout to Bog Meadows 15 May 2019
- £165,000 resurfacing scheme in Newtownards Town Centre 10 May 2019
- £337,000 resurfacing works on A3 Dobbin Road, Richhill at Broomhill 08 May 2019
- £300,000 road improvement scheme for Harberton Park, Belfast 08 May 2019