A £140,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Cloona Park, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 3 June 2019.
The resurfacing, work which stretches from Upper Dunmurry Lane to the end of Cloona Park will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the carriageway.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers the improvements will be carried out under the following road closures:
- Monday 3 June to Friday 7 June, from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm daily; and
- Monday 10 June to Friday 14 June, from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm daily.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and access for residents will be maintained in the area during the duration of the works. Parking will not be permitted on Cloona Park while work is ongoing and residents are requested to park outside the works area during this time.
Completion of the scheme by 14 June will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020
- Ministers announce free public transport for those fleeing domestic abuse 06 July 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: 2019/20 Annual Statistical Bulletin 02 July 2020
- Mallon will take forward legislation to exempt vehicles of historic interest from MOT testing 02 July 2020