A £140,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the B27 Moyad Road, Kilkeel will commence on Monday 10 December 2018.
The resurfacing work will extend from the Moyad Road / Attical Road junction for a distance of approximately 1.3km in the direction of Hilltown.
The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 10 December 2018 until Friday 21 December 2018. During these times a diversion will be in place via Mountain Road, Newry Street, Newry Road, Shore Road The Square, Kilbroney Road, Rostrevor Road, Main Street, Castlewellan Road, Kilkeel Road and vice versa.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will remain open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience. Road users should, however, expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Work is expected to be completed by 21 December 2018 however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019
- £340,000 road improvement works for Killyman Road and Trewmount Road, Dungannon 14 August 2019