Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a £138,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast, which will commence on Wednesday 22 January 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 600 metres between Crumlin Road and Cliftonville Road.
Minister Mallon said:
This stretch of road in North Belfast is a busy thoroughfare for local people as they make their way to work and school each day. This investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it.
To facilitate the work daily road closures will be in place on week days only, from Wednesday 22 January until Wednesday 5 February between 9.30 am and 4.00 pm.
Diversionary routes will be signed and access for residents will be maintained as much as possible. To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, we would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 5 February will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Tempo Road, Enniskillen 20 February 2020
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020