A £135,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Commons Road, Ballykinler will start on Monday 16 September 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 700 metres from the Commons Road/Shore Road junction to immediately beyond the football ground. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to the structural integrity and surface of the road. It will also improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm from Monday 16 September to Friday 4 October 2019. During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Commons Road / Ford Road and Blackstaff Road / Tyrella Road.
The road will be open to traffic in evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 4 October 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The first Northern Ireland Planning Monitoring Framework 2018/19 has been published today 19 September 2019
- £78,000 Footway Reconstruction and Carriageway Resurfacing Scheme for Broughshane Street, Ballymena 18 September 2019
- £237,000 resurfacing scheme for A8 Ballymena Road, Larne 13 September 2019
- First phase of £185million A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling Scheme officially opened 12 September 2019