A £134,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme is due to commence at the Foyleside Roundabout and Foyle Street, Londonderry on 23 September 2018.
The works will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway. In order to minimise disruption, the work will be undertaken overnight from 7.00pm to 7.00am and will be done in two phases.
Phase one of the work will take place between Sunday 23 September and Tuesday 25 September. Phase two will operate between Sunday 30 September and Tuesday 2 October. A full road closure will operate during these periods. Access for residents and businesses will be accommodated.
The following diversion routes will be in operation:
Country bound traffic will be diverted via Harbour Square, Great James Street, Little James Street, Lecky Road Flyover and Abercorn Road. City Bound traffic will be diverted via Abercorn Road, Bishop Street, The Diamond and Shipquay Street.
Some disruption can be expected for the duration of the scheme and road users should allow additional time when planning their journeys.
Subject to favourable weather conditions the work is expected to be completed by 2 October, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer directly on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £161,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 21 February 2019
- DVA enforcement officers to wear body worn video cameras 19 February 2019
- £280,000 road improvement scheme at Ballygomartin Road, Belfast 19 February 2019
- £150,000 road improvement scheme for Gravelhill Road, Lisburn 18 February 2019