A £130,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Banbridge Road, Kinallan will commence on Monday 11 November 2019.
The works will include large scale patching works at various locations between the junction with Skeagh Road and the Gall Bog cross roads. On completion, the scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 11 November 2019 to Friday 22 November 2019.
During these times traffic is being diverted via Dromore using the Kinallen Road, Howe Road, Ballynahinch Road, Diamond Road and vice versa. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday, however, there may be traffic signals in operation at times as necessitated by the works.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the work by Friday 22 November 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020