A £122,000 resurfacing and reconstruction scheme shall commence on the Moss Road, Londonderry on Monday 8 October.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 670 metres from Glengalliagh Road to Galliagh Roundabout. It is expected work will be completed by 20 October 2018. The scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to implement a full road closure from 8 October to 20 October between 9.30am to 6.00pm daily. During these times a two-way diversion via Glengalliagh Road and Fern Road will be in place.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Whilst work is expected to be completed by 20 October 2018 this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority - Extension of two Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 18 April 2019
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners - Extension of four Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 17 April 2019
- £350,000 replacement scheme for Majors Bridge, Lisnaskea 15 April 2019
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 08 April 2019