A £120,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Ballymaglave Road, Spa will start on Monday 28 October 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 790 metres from the Dunmore Road junction to 100 metres north of the Magheratimpany Road junction. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road and will improve road drainage.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 28 October to Friday 15 November. The closure will allow preparatory works such as kerbing and drainage to be carried out. A further road closure, at a date to be confirmed, will be required to carry out the resurfacing work. More details will be available nearer the time on www.trafficwatchni.com.
During these times a diversion will be in place with traffic being diverted via Drumaness Road and Spa Road / Dunmore Road. The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
The scheme is expected to be fully complete by mid-December however this is subject to favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of further road closures required to carry out the resurfacing of the road.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020