A £120,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Cottage Road, Killeen will commence on Monday 11 November 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend for the entire length of Cottage Road, a distance of approximately 1300m, from Clontigora Road to Ferryhill Road.
The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Mon – Fri) between the hours of 8.00am and 18:00pm from Monday 11 November until Friday 20 December. During these times a diversion will be in place via Clontigora Road – Dublin Road – Edentober Road – Ferryhill Road and vice versa.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Work is expected to be completed by 20 December, however this will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £160,000 resurfacing scheme for Donaghmore Road, Dungannon 18 November 2019
- Road Safety Week: Beware the Dangers on Rural Roads 17 November 2019
- £360,000 resurfacing scheme for the Lisnaskea Road, Lisnaskea 12 November 2019
- 07 November 2019