A £114,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Clanrolla Road, Craigavon will commence on Monday 6 January 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 1.3 kilometres from the junction of the Bluestone Road to Knockmenagh Road. On completion, the scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily road closure between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 6 January 2020 to Friday 17 January 2020. During these times a two-way diversion will be in place via Bluestone Road, Moyraverty West Road and Knockmenagh Road.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works. The road will be open to traffic from 6.00 pm until 8.00 am daily and no closure will be in place over the weekends.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
Completion of the work by Friday 17 January 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Larne Street, James Street and Alfred Street Place, Ballymena 06 August 2020
- Minister Mallon announces resumption of normal schedule on the Strangford Ferry 06 August 2020