A £111,000 resurfacing scheme on the Victoria Road, Larne will start on Saturday 26 October 2019.
The scheme which extends from the Old Glenarm Road junction for 380m towards The Roddens junction, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road. Work is expected to be completed by 10 November 2019.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate the following closures:
- A full road closure from 6.00 am on Saturday 26 October 2019 until 7.00 pm on Sunday 27 October 2019.
- A lane closure will be in operation from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm daily from Monday 28 October 2019 until Friday 8 November 2019.
- A full road closure from 6.00 am on Saturday 9 November 2019 until 7.00 pm on Sunday 10 November 2019
During the road closures a diversion will be in operation via Old Glenarm Road, Greenland Road, The Roddens and vice versa.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020