A £110,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Dargan Road, Belfast is due to commence on Tuesday 1 June 2021.
The carriageway resurfacing works will be from Duncrue Cresent to the Fortwilliam roundabout, a total length of approximately 320 metres.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement four consecutive overnight road closures between the hours of 7.00 pm and 6.00 am from Tuesday 1 June until Saturday 5 June 2021. Diversions will be clearly signed on approach to the works.
Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Completion of the scheme by 5 June will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021