A £106,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme is due to commence on Sydney Street West, Belfast on Friday 5 October 2018.
The resurfacing will take place on a section from Tennent Street to Cambrai Street with completion expected by Wednesday 10 October.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the improvements will be carried out under the following road closures:
- Friday 5 October – 9.30 am until 4.30 pm and;
- Monday 8 October to Wednesday 10 October - 9.30 am until 4.30 pm.
During the hours of work parking will not be permitted on the carriageway and motorists should make alternative arrangements.
The public is asked to comply with the temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the works. Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and access for residents will be maintained.
The dates and duration of the road closures will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, motorists should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- £70,000 resurfacing scheme on Bachelors Walk, Portadown 17 October 2018
- £190,000 resurfacing scheme on Hillsborough Road, Comber 15 October 2018
- £935,000 flood alleviation scheme in Lisburn commences 15 October 2018
- £255,000 resurfacing scheme on A49 Magheraknock Road, Ballynahinch 11 October 2018