A £105,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Drumnahunshin Road, Mountnorris will commence on Monday 27 May 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of approximately 1.1 kilometres, from the A28 Armagh Road junction to Lisnalee crossroads. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface quality of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Mon – Fri) between the hours of 8.00am and 6.30pm from Monday 27 May until Friday 21 June. During these times a diversion will be in place via A28 Armagh Road / McClenaghans Hill / Maytown Road and vice versa.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of works by 21 June is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £250,000 road improvement scheme at Alliance Avenue, Belfast 14 June 2019
- £95,000 resurfacing scheme on Stream Street, Newry 13 June 2019
- Council gets update on infrastructure projects for Mid and East Antrim Borough Council 12 June 2019
- UPDATE: £200,000 resurfacing scheme for Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards 07 June 2019