A £100,000 bridge improvement and resurfacing scheme at Friary Road Bridge on the A28 Friary Road, Armagh has commenced.
The works, which are expected to be completed in early March, will include waterproofing of the bridge deck and the associated road resurfacing. This is a significant investment which will improve and extend the lifespan of the bridge and the road.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors a road closure for Killylea bound traffic will operate at all times. Traffic is being diverted via A3 Slip Road South, A3 Irish Street and A3 Slip Road North. Access for local residents and businesses will be accommodated.
The works have been carefully programmed to minimise any inconvenience to the public. However motorists should expect delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
The above work is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.TrafficwatchNI.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £135,000 road improvement scheme on Shrigley Road, Killyleagh complete 25 May 2018
- £343,000 road improvement scheme on A2 Strangford Road, Ardglass 25 May 2018
- Drainage infrastructure scheme to commence in Cultra 25 May 2018
- Publication of DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator and Enforcement Statistics Annual 2017-2018 24 May 2018