A £100,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Serpentine Road, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 22 July.
The resurfacing, which extends from Whitewell Road to its junction with Merston Gardens, will greatly improve the structural integrity and surface quality of the road.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the improvements will be carried out under the following road closures:
- Monday 22 July to Wednesday 24 July 2019 from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm;
- Monday 29 July to Friday 2 August 2019 from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and access for residents will be maintained in the area for the duration of the works. During the work parking will not be permitted on this section of Serpentine Road and residents are requested to park outside the works area during this time.
Completion of the scheme by Friday 2 August will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Tempo Road, Enniskillen 20 February 2020
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020