A £100,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Serpentine Road, Belfast is due to commence on Monday 22 July.
The resurfacing, which extends from Whitewell Road to its junction with Merston Gardens, will greatly improve the structural integrity and surface quality of the road.
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the improvements will be carried out under the following road closures:
- Monday 22 July to Wednesday 24 July 2019 from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm;
- Monday 29 July to Friday 2 August 2019 from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm.
Diversionary routes will be clearly signed and access for residents will be maintained in the area for the duration of the works. During the work parking will not be permitted on this section of Serpentine Road and residents are requested to park outside the works area during this time.
Completion of the scheme by Friday 2 August will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £240,000 resurfacing scheme on A26 Banbridge Road, Lurgan 19 July 2019
- Strangford Ferry foot passenger fares to be suspended on Portaferry Gala Night 2019 18 July 2019
- £140,000 road improvement scheme on Burren Road, Ballynahinch 18 July 2019
- Extension of Non-Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 17 July 2019