A £100,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme in Parkhead Crescent, Newry will commence on Monday 14 October 2019.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of 450 metres from the Carnagat Road junction for the entire length of Parkhead Crescent. The scheme will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to operate some temporary traffic control measures. Access for residents will be maintained at all times.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 30 October is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £253,000 resurfacing scheme on Head Road, Kilkeel 04 December 2019
- UPDATE: £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 29 November 2019
- £117,000 resurfacing scheme for Crosskeys Road, Ahoghill – Phase 1 26 November 2019
- £232,000 resurfacing scheme on Whitepark Road, Ballintoy 22 November 2019